Home > Our Work

The Challenge


Lead Us came out of the realization that in Zimbabwe, only 4% of the students writing the Ordinary Level examinations in any given year eventually secure a job with decent income in the formal economy.

With only 4% of students being formally employed what happens to the other 96%? This large group of unemployed youth turns to the informal sector were they seek to make a living.However, due to the conventional education they receive they are unable to thrive. This situation is indicative of the current state of Africa, with unskilled youths accounting for 60% of all African unemployment.

Our primary purpose is to reach out and empower these young people with entrepreneurial and leadership skills that will bridge the knowledge gap left by conventional education. Using these they then will start and maintain innovative startups.